Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. provides continuous glucose monitoring technology to help patients and their clinicians better manage diabetes. Since our inception, we have focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions for people with diabetes - while empowering our community to take control of diabetes.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
• Develop and maintain current and planned state architectural blueprints that are aligned with the Information Technology strategy
• Create solution patterns and standards for robotic process automation capabilities and work with delivery teams to ensure successful implementation and refinement.
• Research new innovations in the market and cloud services to improve our RPA platform. Perform technology and product assessments to recommend changes to our target architecture and roadmap.
• Work with technical teams to lead the development of POCs or pilots to evaluate and test new... technologies/services/capabilities. Help drive a culture of “continuous learning” and “fail fast”.
• Partner with Infrastructure and InfoSec to design cloud-based architecture that can deliver resiliency, performance and safety that is required by the process and organization.
• In close partnership with Project Managers, manage technical risks, stakeholders and architectural / technical milestones.
• Accelerate our formulation of RPA strategy and build-out of a secured cloud infrastructure for managing our RPA services and various system components in the GCP cloud, including CI/CD pipeline
• Develop practice for real-time predictive analytics and machine learning on operational and business data captured on our event bus to enable new business opportunities
• Mentor existing team members by imparting expert knowledge to build a high-performing team in our Enterprise Architecture practice
• Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, and a minimum of 13+ years related experience or a Master’s degree and 8+ years equivalent industry experience of a PhD and 5+ years of experience.
• Strong knowledge in architecture principles and design patterns of distributed systems in public clouds (GCP/AWS/Azure), with specific experience in cloud-based RPA (Automation Anywhere)
• Experience with cloud orchestration and container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes to manage microservices and other system components in the cloud
• Experience with scripting languages, XML, JSON
• Extensive experience as a system engineer in one or more complex enterprise environments
• Working knowledge of Splunk, how it integrates with systems, and how to use effectively as an operational tool
• Experience with monitoring system infrastructure along with related components using cloud-native technologies such as Prometheus, DataDog, Grafana, etc.
• Background in security aspects of CI/CD pipeline from build to deploy, and also strategies for securing run-time infrastructure with external-facing connectivity
• Proven track record of success collaborating with business customers, engineers, QA and business analysts within a deadline-driven and fast-paced environment
• Strong (written & spoken) communication skills as well as demonstrated ability to influence outcomes
• Good verbal & written communication skills with ability to document implementations using MS-Word, Excel and Visio for presentations in PowerPoint or similar tools
Preferred Qualifications: (Optional)
• Master’s degree in computer science
• Cloud Architect certification
• 10+ years’ experience as a senior system engineer or architect and have delivered solutions for large scale systems (transactional and ODS), integrations or in support of customer facing enterprise applications (eCommerce, Web or mobile apps)
• Strong experience in an Agile/ Scrum Development Environment, specifically with providing architectural support into Agile teams and driving architectural spikes.
• Demonstrated experience working in an Agile environment as an architect
• Knowledge of provider-sponsored health insurance systems/processes and the Healthcare industry
• Proficiency with ML and advanced analytical technologies and services.
Functional Description: Technical Individual Contributor
Analyzes, acquires, installs, modifies and supports operating systems, databases, utilities and Internet/intranet-related tools. Conducts systems programming and systems support activities, such as new or revised program language codes, processing routines and report generators. Monitors effective language codes, processing routines, hardware use and use of database management techniques. Modifies, maintains and updates software, such as compilers, link editors, assemblers, OEM utilities, JCL, macros and subroutines. Develops and reviews operator and control instructions. Prepares and conducts system and programming tests requiring interfacing of hardware and software. Conducts programming tasks including program design, program coding, debugging and documentation. As directed, prepares feasibility studies and designs tests to determine operating characteristics of software.
• Possesses expert knowledge of leading technical areas.
• May be externally recognized as an expert in technical field.
• High level of understanding of solving unique problems where analysis requires an in-depth evaluation and may impact future concepts or technologies.
• Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Demonstrates ability to discover and identify processes, novel science and technology which lead to increased productivity and results.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com .
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications