Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Systems Engineer-UAS/RPA to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The candidate will be part of a dynamic and multidisciplinary team developing advanced electrical and computer applications and must be able to:
-Evaluate and interpret undocumented system data exchanges to include serial communications RS-232, RS-422, and RS-485.
-Evaluate performance characteristics of UAS and RPA RF datalink equipment and develop command and control methods.
-Design electrical architecture and integrated systems for real-time, mission-critical systems including flight systems, sensors, and ground control stations.
-Collaborate and communicate effectively with project managers, customers, and team members to determine... and develop hardware and software requirements.
-Contribute to system hardware and software architecture decisions based on customer performance, schedule, and cost requirements.
-Communicate system requirements to customer in order to obtain feedback and approval.
-Perform hardware and software design/review/build cycles for prototype construction and implement plans for prototype testing at customer location.
• Candidate must possess a Bachelor's Degree in a Science or Engineering discipline from an ABET accredited program with a minimum of 5+ years of experience.
• System architecture experience involving Linux and Windows Application Containers
• Experience with operating system virtualization (RHEL, Windows) utilizing Type I hypervisors
• Experience with Cisco brand routers and firewalls
• Technical leadership (oversight, review, approval roles)
• Candidate must possess excellent communication skillsCandidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama area.
• Concept of operations involving unmanned aircraft in DoD setting
• Military interconnects and interfaces experience
• Radio communication links and GPS/INS systems
• Hardware/software/firmware interface design
• Integration and test experience
• Bash and/or Python scripting language experience
• Object orientated programming language experience
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (as well as maintain) a Final Secret Clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret (TS) clearance