Employee will be part of the Deployment Pool and will be required to support deployments to various CONUS/OCONUS locations as required. Service, repair, and overhaul aircraft, aircraft engines, and other critical components to ensure airworthiness. Repair, replace, and rebuild aircraft structures, landing gear, power plants/trains, fuel systems, and functional components using hand tools, power tools, welding equipment, rivet guns and drills.
Inspect and repair power plant malfunctions, including cracked components, oil leaks, etc.; diagnose malfunctions, isolate causes and correct breaks; test engine operations, use test equipment to locate source of malfunction(s). Replace/repair damaged components and remove engine/major components from aircraft, using hoist or other lifting devices; disassemble and inspect parts for wear, warping, or other defects; repair/replace defective engine components and reassemble and install engines in aircraft; adjust, repair, or replace... instruments, avionics / navigation, ADP flight controls, electrical/electronics, fuel/oil systems and associated aircraft accessories.
Perform aircraft services to include engine flushing/cleaning, parts lubrication, and required maintenance checks. May specialize in repair and modification of engines, structural components, precision repair, functional spare parts, and assemblies. Recommend revisions to maintenance procedures to improve efficiency and ensure quality workmanship.
USAF equivalent position is Aircraft Mechanic Journeyman. Position reports to the Supervisor.
- Works with other A&P/ISR Mechanics and technical representatives to trouble shoot, diagnose, and solve basic and some unusual and complex maintenance problems.
- Supports aircraft maintenance safety programs and assists the Safety Committee. Applies logic and good judgment, understands basic technical order diagrams and procedures, and uses test equipment for analysis of airframes, engines, flight controls, pneudraulic, fuel, electrical / electronic systems, and problems.
- Supports aircraft utilization and maintenance activity schedules and deconflicts performance with operational customer. Maintains accurate parts inventory. Performs maintenance and repair tasks and ensures their completion.
- Services, repairs, and overhauls aircraft equipment, engines, and sub-systems to ensure serviceability. Repairs, replaces, and rebuilds aircraft structures, landing gear, power plants, fuel systems (including tanks and fuel/metering control systems), and functional components using hand tools, power tools, welding equipment, rivet gun, drills, and other tools.
- Inspects and repairs power plant (engine) malfunctions, including cracked components, oil leaks, etc. Diagnoses malfunctions, isolate causes and corrects breaks. Tests engine operations, using testing equipment to locate source(s) of malfunction. Replaces and repairs damaged components, uses hand tools, gauges, and test equipment to complete repairs.
- Removes engine and major components from aircraft equipment, using hoist or other lifting devices. Disassembles and inspects parts for wear, warping, or other defects. Repairs and replaces defective engine components and reassemble and installs engine in aircraft.
- Adjusts, repairs, or replaces instruments, avionics and navigations, flight control, electrical/electronic, fuel/oil systems and aircraft accessories. Performs aircraft and vehicle services, including engine wash /cleaning, parts lubrication, and maintenance checks.
- May service engines and airframe components at flight line operations making repairs, short of overhaul, required to ensure aircraft safe operating conditions. May specialize in repair and modification of engines, structural components, precision repair, functional spare parts, and assemblies.
- Recommends revisions to maintenance procedures to improve efficiency and ensure quality workmanship.
- Performs all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- Must have high school diploma, or have completed relevant military and/or vocational technical school curriculum
- Minimum of three-to-five years' experience as an aircraft mechanic
- Must possess knowledge of technical publications related to weapons systems and ground support equipment
- Must know theory and principles of engine operations; accessories and components; basic theory of flight; rigging of flight controls; electrical and electronic; pneudraulic; and mechanical principles
- Must possess knowledge of sheet metal, composites, properties of materials, fuels, and oils
- Must be able to read, interpret, and use manufacturer's and aircraft maintenance manuals, service bulletins, blueprints, wiring/schematic diagrams, data tables and other specifications to determine feasibility and method to repair or replace malfunctioning or damaged components
- Must be able to inspect, repair, and operate ground support and auxiliary equipment
- Employee must meet all OCONUS Deployment criteria, to include pre-deployment medical screening as a condition of employment
- This is a non-traditional position that will support a flexible work schedule
- Must complete a company-administered Mechanic Assessment prior to hire
- Must be able to lift / carry Military Issued Equipment in excess of 50 pounds
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English
- Must be able to provide proof of U.S. citizenship upon hire
- Must submit updated SF-86 within 30 days of hire start date
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and be able to operate a government general-purpose vehicle
- Must be eligible to gain and maintain a DoD security clearance commensurate with the assigned duties
- Current DoD Security Clearance
- Associate's degree in a relevant career field
- Minimum 3 years actual and recent experience on RPA aircraft
- Licensed by the FAA as an Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
- RPA operations & deployment experience
- Prior experience as a Defense Contractor
- Application of technical knowledge of service, repair, and overhaul aircraft, aircraft engines, and other critical components to ensure airworthiness
EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability-or unable to use-the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Reasonable Accommodation Helpline at 1-888-877-3181 or 301-944-3299 or email email@example.com for assistance. In order to address your request, the following information is needed:
Upon receipt of this information we will respond to you promptly to obtain more information about your request