Site Name: USA - North Carolina - Zebulon
Posted Date: Jul 21 2020
Are you a leader in Robotics Process Automation (RPA) and want to be part of a World-class capability center that drives and supports big data? If yes, this role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
In this role, you will be accountable for defining, developing, assessing, approving and delivering complex and innovative solutions to enhance manufacturing and packaging capabilities across the GSK Zebulon site by utilizing and deploying robotic systems. As we progress into a more digital world, this position will need to provide inputs into the Digital Strategy for the site. This person will act as a Subject Matter Expert for the technology and associated processes related to Robotics and Automation Systems, will ensure that good practices are embedded across GSK Zebulon Value Streams.
These Responsibilities Include Some Of The Following
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to... progress YOUR career.
• Analyze and challenge robotics solutions for manufacturing automation systems deployed across GSK ensuring alignment to industry standards and best practices
• Define standards, review and approve design to ensure GSK is a leader in innovative robotic solutions.
• Act as technical authority or subject matter expert for all relevant GSK Manufacturing Supply sites on Robotics within the automation space
• Work with the value streams to support production, enhance manufacturing capability and process optimization.
• Challenge and develop GSK engineering practices to deliver innovative robotics solutions which support the GSK vision.
• Design robotic systems, such as automatic vehicle control, autonomous vehicles, advanced displays, advanced sensing, robotic platforms, computer vision, or telematics systems.
• Technical authority or SME on manufacturing automation systems, device and robotics applications with specific knowledge on Automation and Engineering standards.
• Assist with business process mapping, data modeling, data mapping, and data visualization for product-related data initiatives
• Generate solutions in areas of opportunity to reduce overheads, increase throughput, decrease failure rate, and minimize changeovers.
• Lead projects and programs to develop and deploy standard solutions for all relevant areas of robotic technology deployment.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an Engineering field.
• Five (5) years of experience in a manufacturing environment, including two (2) years of experience of proven RPA Project execution.
• Experience with and application of system-related compliance requirements, including GMPs, validation, and data integrity.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
• Seven (7+) years of experience in a manufacturing environment, including Five (5) years of experience of proven RPA Project execution.
• Experience designing and implementing robotics solutions for manufacturing automation systems.
• Basic understanding of manufacturing communication protocols.
• Knowledge of Quality Systems, FDA, GCP.
• Comprehensive understanding of data ingestion and Data analytics.
• Proven and advanced collaboration skills.
• Proven experience of Network and application design and deployment.
• Proven track record of implementing continuous improvement programs with quantifiable business results.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
As GSK Focuses On Our Values And Expectations And a Culture Of Innovation, Performance, And Trust, The Successful Candidate Will Demonstrate The Following Capabilities
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
• Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
• Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
• Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
• Sustaining energy and well-being
• Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
• Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site