This Manufacturing Engineer will focus on Robotics for BIW and will have extensive theoretical and hands-on experience in all facets of robotic applications in Body shop, as well as experience managing new product introductions, equipment projects (new installations) and process optimization, upgrades & modifications. Experience with multiple robot brands is desired.
• Responsibility for designing/selecting robotic systems, run simulation, implementation, commissioning and programming.
• Responsible for continues process optimization
• Lead and assist production in all quality and process related topics and issues.
• Support and assist maintenance team in troubleshooting difficult breakdowns and chronic equipment failures.
• Develop maintenance robotic training program and perform the training
• Project management: both internal maintenance projects, and major contractor projects.
• Procedures & PMs, develop & maintain proper documentation of... all necessary procedures; periodic maintenance tasks; equipment changes (electrical, spare parts upgrades, mechanical), etc.
• BS in electrical, mechatronics, or robotics engineering or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years extensive experience Robotic programming and applications
• Excellent robotic high level and back ground programming skills on Fanuc, KUKA or equivalent brands
• Robotic mechanical and electrical trouble shooting skills
• Proven project management experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of programs.
• Good overall people management skills.
• Solid communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Proficient in CAD (CATIA is a plus)
• Basic PLC programming knowledge