Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Developer
We are looking for self-starting problem solvers driven to create business value rather being told to build something specific.
Our team operates as an innovation engine to automate our everyday work processes, unlocking capacity of employees to focus on higher value work and problem solving.
We need to be able to understand business processes from workflow diagrams and conceptualize it as an automated solution. We then design, develop, deploy, and support Robotic Process Automation (RPA) solutions using UiPath to achieve business outcomes.
This is an opportunity to work with a team of developers with diverse technical skillsets, to experience working in a... fast-paced value-focused Agile team, and to learn about all areas of a large pharmaceutical company, as we partner with organizations from research and development to sales and marketing.
• Work with local and global teams to support and deliver RPA and Automation projects
• Participate in design sessions and workshops to gather requirements for RPA and Automation opportunities
• Analyze and scope requirements and create technical requirements; develop relevant use cases for RPA and Automation opportunities
• Design and document technical specifications for RPA implementation projects
• Develop test plans and test the new modules to ensure the software works as expected
• Execute proof-of-concepts (POCs), prototypes, minimally viable products (MVPs), and deployment
Required Experience and Skills:
• 2-4+ years of demonstrated RPA development and collaboration skills
• Ability to work with client and offshore teams in a DevOps and Agile manner
• Multiple lifecycles of RPA implementation with UiPath
• UiPath Certification and Robotic Enterprise Framework experience
• Strong understanding of RPA technologies, solutions, and underlying IT services
• Experience with: source control, e.g. Git Hub, Bit Bucket; Continuous Integration (CI), Delivery/Deployment (CD) and Testing (CT), e.g. Jenkins; and large enterprise applications, e.g. SAP, Salesforce, Veeva, Oracle, Workday, etc.
• Comfort utilizing Jira or similar tool to manage work in sprints or Kanban boards
• Experience with data visualization (e.g. Elastic Search, Kibana) is a plus
• Experience utilizing ABBYY or similar OCR technologies is a plus
• Experience with Linux is a plus
Education Minimum Requirements:
• Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or Information/Computer related field
Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Employee Status: Regular
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: 2