GCB Data Governance Office Senior EUC Governance Program Lead (C13)
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Propositionexplains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical... standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citi's Global Consumer Banking Data Governance Office (GCB DGO), a function within Citi's Business Operational Risk and Control (CBORC) organization, drives consistency in addressing data-related issues within the Global Consumer Bank. The GCB DGO is a team of professionals with responsibility to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our data environment through a common infrastructure, quality control monitoring, and implementation of the Manager's Control Assessment, end-user computing governance, data quality risk metrics and issues management. It is a critical strategic organization that supports Citi's Chief Data Office and Data Quality Program, ensuring the data management risk profile within the Global Consumer businesses are well understood and well managed. As a First Line of Defense function, GCB DGO builds trusted relationships with Business and Data Governance Leaders, Process and Technology Owners as well as Second and Third Line partners.
Essential Responsibilities: Organizational Scope and Accountability
The Digitization Program Lead will be responsible for end-to-end management and delivery of detailed business requirements for digitization and automation initiatives and requirements within the purview of GCB DGO. These initiatives include and are not limited to, developing and leading Robotics Process Automation (RPA), Digital Monitoring Tools (DMT) and other emerging technology solutions to enhance our control environment. This is a global role that will work with senior leaders and their teams across GCB LOBs and Regions to understand various business scenarios / processes that require automation. Detailed responsibilities include:
• Provide project management leadership by coordinating multiple global program efforts including the identification of business opportunities for digitization, establishing communication and reporting routines across lines of business and management in order to provide solutions to eliminate high volumes of manual efforts on repetitive tasks. This includes project plan development, risk mitigation, change management planning, stakeholder communications and oversight of identification and remediation activities.
• Adopt the PowerUser model following the Methodology, Tools and PlayBook as prescribed by the Smart Automation Center. This is a 5 phase approach: 1) Opportunity Identification 2) Initiation 3) Iterative Planning 4) Iterative Development 5) Maintenance and Support; following the Agile development approach. Leverage the 'Automation Anywhere' platform to build the Robots for our CBORC owned processes and some of our control and monitoring activities.
• Manage pipeline of robotics / RPA development initiatives considered by GCB DGO for automation and other automation opportunities from inception to lab placement (i.e., hand-off to Power User), driving technical feasibility sessions and creating a business case with subject matter experts and other relevant stakeholders.
• Design business scenarios and use cases for automation opportunities, including detailed business requirements, estimates, implementation plans and the change management required to maximize adoption/value.
• Initiate data requests to gather and analyze process documents and business architect diagrams and documents to test RPA development, logic, process flows and specifications, including validation of test cases to ensure that scripts evaluate the business function performed.
• Provides support for application development teams including documenting business processes and translate technical concepts to business audience and business information to a technical audience.
• Coordinate efforts across cross-functional stakeholders to confirm automation scope, identify potential roadblocks, gaps and options for improvement and opportunities for new digitization developments with aggressive timelines.
• Create and manage communications with a variety of stakeholders, including senior leadership; these communications include standardized project tracking, dashboards, templates, reporting and forums to provide senior management awareness on digitization and automation status and actions.
• Influence diverse stakeholders at various levels of seniority without direct reporting relationships to foster a digitization mindset that enables automation driven along business partners to strive for a leading stage of forward compatibility on a firm-wide program to drive a Digital Day 1 approach with controls automation as part of business strategy.
• Review MRAs, MRIAs, and Policy changes to assess business impact and implications in order to determine required changes or enhancements on Digital program management and stakeholder impacts.
• Define global playbook for Digital Program management and work with other sectors within Citi to share and learn best practices to develop solutions, which will maximize automation efforts to drive risk convergence and integrated governance control to oversee the program delivery and its implementation into the business's daily activities.
Job Skills / Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related work experience. MBA and/or Regulatory experience preferred.
• Comprehensive understanding of data management and governance principles, industry as well as practical experience in business and technology implementation cycles. In-depth knowledge of the industry and data management/governance products/services is also necessary in order to advance the maturity of the program. Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/or area of expertise. The job is likely to be involved in influencing and communicating across functions and matrixed organizations to arrive at common objectives and solutions.
• At least 8+ years of business experience in audit, control, compliance or regulatory management in consumer banking, financial services.
• Hands-on experience of writing SQL queries in multiple database environments and OS; Experience or knowledge in working on all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle; Experience in validating end to end flow of data in an application; Hands-on experience in data profiling, programming logic and solution architecture skills.
• Advanced MS Office (Access, Excel and PowerPoint), Proficiency in MS Visio and UI design tools and any Defect Tracking Tool; Deep knowledge of RPA technology including process automation and engineering.
• Strong communication (written and oral), reporting, presentation and influencing skills. Proven ability to autonomously create clear written communications (Samples of prior work will be requested).
• Strong facilitation skills, problem-solving, interviewing and fact finding skills; Experience in coaching and developing people.
• Strong planning and coordination skills for creating brand new global cross-functional processes and activities.
• Strong command of project management methodologies (agile, waterfall) for planning, execution and reporting of progress, goals and issues.
• Extensive large-scale project or program management experience with the proven ability to develop action plans and drive a diverse group of stakeholders to achieve milestones and deadlines.
• Assertive, self-starter and self-confident to challenge status quo and propose diverse ideas within existing processes and business practices.
• Pragmatic problem-solver, forward thinker with knowledge of broader consumer financial business models and operating risks.
• Proven track record of strategic thinking and tactical planning for developing multiple approaches to solve issues and make recommendation to senior leadership.
• Meticulous attention to detail, with proven ability to question status quo and identify opportunities within exi